- The average temperature in March is about 9℃
In April and May, the average temperature exceeds 12°C,
making it a comfortable time to visit. Sunny days
continue in May.
- Knit + coat in March
Light outerwear and cardigans in April and May
- ・Cherry blossom festival (2nd Saturday and the next day
・Yamanaka Lacquerware Festival (two days in the first
week of May)
・Kagahashitate Kitamaebune Village Festival (5/4)
- The average temperature in June is about 22°C. The average minimum temperature is 19°C, which is comfortable, but there are many rainy days and it feels chilly.
In July and August, the average temperature is high at about 27°C, and the humidity is high and muggy.
- Short sleeves and cardigan in June
Short sleeves in July and August
- ・Shobuyu Festival (4.5 June)
・Noryo Fireworks Festival (every night from the 1st to the end of August)
・Guzuyaki Festival (27~29 August)
・Katayamazu Hot Spring Festival (Saturday and Sunday in late August)
・Yamashiro Daidengaku Festival(July or August)
・Fireworks cruise (August)
- In September, the average maximum temperature continues to be above 25°C.
In late October, there are some days when the minimum temperature drops below 10°C.
- Short sleeves in September
Long sleeves and cardigan or light outerwear from October onwards
- ・Jumangoku Festival (2nd Saturday and Sunday of September)
・Koikoi Festival (2 days in late September)
・Yamanakabushi dochunagashi (first Sunday in September)
- The average temperature is 6°C. Some days it snows.
In January and February, there is at least 20cm of snow and 60cm of snow at most. In Yamanaka Onsen there is a lot of snow.
- Thick coat or down jacket
Waterproof boots or tall boots
- ・Yamanakaza stage opening New Year's dance appreciation party (2 January)
・Gonganshinji (10 February)